Best tips for trekking in Nepal
Best tips for Trekking in Nepal in 2023
Are you Planning trek to Nepal ?
Do you have any idea how the nepal's himalaya is?
What should be preparation for trekking in Nepal?
A small beutifull himalayan country - Nepal is paradise for Trekkers. This landlocked country in south asia is always dream place for the mountaineers and nature lovers. Due to World's top peaks,hills and here's highlander's lifestyle, culture and tradition hiking and trekking is the best way of experience Nepal. Almost 90% of people have desires to travel Nepal, but they have very much confusion on statrting so mt.mate have some of the best advise and instruction for trekking in Nepal.
- Visitors should have genuine and valid passport with Nepal's tourist visa.
- Visitors should receive authorized Trekking Permit and TIMS card.
- visistors should have valid health insurance and Travel insurance for rescue refrence from their own country.
*note Visitor also can get Visa on arrival from TIA so for this following travel documents is necessary:
- Valid passport
- passport size photos (3 copies)
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money and passport
- Credit card
- Insurance papers with contact details
- Family members / Company’s contact details
- Visa fees in USD or Euro.
- It Is very wise to make hotel booking in kathmandu or pokhara to overcome the hustle in cabs and finding hotels in very first hour of travelling.
- Accomodation in Trekking region is a very basic tea houses (upgrading in very common routes), mostly doesnt take bookings and very limited so doesn't expect most.
- Warm backpacking sleeping bag comfort (temperature up to -15 degree Celsius)
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (55 to 70 liters)
- Daypack (25 to 40 liters)
- Walking poles (available to rent in Kathmandu)
- Water purification kit (On trek you will need to drink 3 – 4 liters of fluids each day)
- Hand Disinfectant
- Wet tissue / tissue paper
- Lip guard
- Sun Block cream
- Soap / Hand wash liquids
- Garbage bag
Medicines and First Aid Kits:
we don't suggest to take any medicine drugs without doctor's prescription, but following medicine is wise to carry with you as trekkers practise an emergency.
- Paracetamol » for headache and fever medicine
- Ibuprofen » for general aches and pains
- Burnt cream » for sunburn protection.
- Diamox » for overcome High altitude sickness
- Imodium or Pepto-Bismol capsules » for upset stomach and diarrhea
- Antibiotics (as prescribed by your doctor)
- Blister treatments such as mole skin, hand Band-Aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc.
*note do not forget to carry your regular medicine prescribed by doctor if you are using.
- Pocket knife (You can buy one in Kathmandu)
- Umbrella / rain coat
- Favorite snack foods and energy bars
- Books, cards, mp3 player etc. (Remember to keep these items light weight)
- Travel diary & Pen
- Neck warmer
- Wet wipes
- Length of string or para-cord (12 feet)
Upper Body: Head / Ears / Eyes:
- Warm hat
- Wide rimmed sun hat
- Sun glasses
- Head torch and spare batteries
- Ear-muffs /plugs
- neck warmer for extra warmth
- T-shirts / Shirts
- Light and weight thermal tops
- Light jacket
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Best Down jacket
- Fleece / sweater
Lower Body – Legs:
- Long and short hiking pants
- Rain and windproof trousers
- GoreTex pant
- Waterproof pant
- Thin and thick good quality socks
- Comfortable hiking boots (Make sure you have tried and tested them before you go)
- Spare boot laces
- Lightweight slipper / shoes to wear in lodges
- Half a dozen clothes pegs
- Safety pins (For attaching wet washing to Backpack to dry while trekking.
- Warm hand gloves (1 pair)
- Thin Fleece Gloves (2 Pairs)
Local values and Norms:
As we know that Neplease people are very kind and alwyas very open hearted to welcome our visitors, they are very protective to their culture and tradional values and norms in otherhand. So it is always our humble request to our visitors for not to designted in any kind of such activities that harms and spoil the social values and norms and create violance.