Trip Cost ( All price are on group join basis Contact Us for private trip or customize Trip). How To Pay Booking FAQS.
|1 People (per pax)
||2-7 People (per pax)
||8+ People (per pax)
|Pay Now & $ on arrival
||Pay $ Now & $ On arrival
Pay Now & $ on arrival
Upper Mustang (previously Kingdom of Lo) is a Nepalese district located in the upper (Northern) part of Mustang District. Upper Mustang was a restricted kingdom and demilitarized zone until 1992, making it one of the world's best preserved places, with the bulk of the population still speaking Tibetan languages. Tibet's culture has been preserved due to the region's relative isolation from the rest of the world. Tourism, animal husbandry, and trade are the mainstays of life in Mustang.
Upper Mustang Trek
The region is also known as the 'Last Forbidden Kingdom,' and it is steeped in undisturbed Tibetan Buddhist culture, with ancient monasteries, traditional villages, and cave dwellings high up on the cliffs, as well as the stunning architecture on display at the walled city of Lo Manthang. Organized treks only began visiting the region in 1992, and numbers are limited, with an average of less than 1,000 visitors per year (capital of Mustang region).
The Upper Mustang journey in this semi-independent Tibetan Kingdom's isolated Trans-Himalayan Region provides an exciting 14-day itinerary that includes spectacular walking through striking semi-arid desert with colorful rock formations, deep ravines, and snow-capped peaks all around you. History, culture, myth, and mythology all combine in beautifully with the breathtaking surroundings.
Mustang is the term given to the dry Tibet-like region near the Kali Gandaki's northern end (known to its inhabitants as Lo). Mustang has a long, rich, and complex history, making it one of Nepal's most fascinating destinations. Although the early history of Lo is steeped in tradition, myth, and mystery, there are records of occurrences dating back to the 8th century. Milarepa, the Tibetan poet who lived from 1040 to 1123, is thought to have visited Lo. The landscape of Lo is reminiscent of the Tibetan plateau, with limitless vistas of yellow and grey undulating hills eroded by the wind. In the lower section of upper Mustang, there is more rain, and the hills are large red fluted cliffs of tiny round stones bonded together by mud. Villages are many hours apart and appear almost as mirages in the distance; during the summer, when the crops have been sown, they are a green oasis in the desert-like environment.
Yannick Calonge, an independent traveller and filmmaker, has created a short video that perfectly depicts the soul and beauty of the people and region.
Included in the Cost (Received)
- ® All airport transfers (arrival and departure).
- ® Twin sharing convenience in Kathmandu
- ® The best local teahouse accommodation during trekking.
- ® Experience leader guide (English speaking, first aid, eco-trained), Sherpa porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers), assistant according to group size.
- ® Breakfast, Dinner, and Lunch are served with seasonal fruits and tea cups.
- ® All expenses for Nepalese crew members including salaries, insurance, food, accommodation, equipment and transportation.
- ® Roundtrip Domestic Flight with airport taxes (if mention in itinerary).
- ® All necessary National Park Permit and Paperworks.
- ® All necessary trekking transfers.
- ® Down Jacket and Seasonal Sleeping Bag (return after use).
- ® Travel Duffel Bag (return after use).
- ® Nepalese Cultural Dinner with farewell programme
- ® A complete first-aid medical kit.
- ® All relevant fees, taxes, and levies.
- ® Route map for hiking (As a souvenir)
- ® Experience certificate (after completion the journey)
- ® First Aid service (Basic)
- ® Oximeter - To decide your oxygen level.
Not Included In the Cost (Canceled)
- © Nepal Visa Expense and Worldwide Airfare.
- © lodging & fooding in Kathmandu Valley.
- © Individual Trekking Gears and Equipments.
- © Trekking Costs like Drinking Water, Soft & Hard Drinks, Juice, Phone Calls, Web Utilize, Battery Charging, Clothing, Hot Shower, Gift, Extra Porters etc
- © Any Kinds of Health or Travel Insurance (It is obligatory to decrease the conceivable cost in case of crisis clearing)
- © Cost emerges due to hindrance and delays within the program schedule due to climate issues or Health problem issues.
- © Any additional expenditures or activities aside from "Service Provided"
Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne