"We cannot lower the mountain, therefore we must elevate ourselves" - Todd Skinner
This adventurous trek is not for the fainthearted. Tashi Labsta Pass is a difficult climbing pass at high altitude. But the rewards are overwhelming. The remote Rolwaling Valley inhabited by the Sherpa, the glacier lake of Tsho Rolpa and the Tashi Labsta pass make the effort all worthwhile.
Your Tashi Labsta pass adventure starts with a day drive to Jagat though the foothills of the Himalaya. To Simigoan you will hike along the Tama Khosi river. From Simigoan you will have beautiful view of the Gaurishankar mountain. After Simigoan the trek passes through a thick forest of rhododendron, oak and pine. Dongang is a small settlement in the middle of a forest with a few farm houses. Right after Donggang you will cross the Rolwaling Khola river. Then hiking and climbing through forest passing by small local farm settlements. Beding is the biggest village in the Rolwaling Valley set in a gorge along the river. The village houses, an ancient Gompa and a local school re supported by the Himalaya Trust of Edmund Hillary. Towards Na Goan you will start to feel the high altitude. The trek climbs into a wide glacial valley with far views into the valley. Here you can see the snowcapped peaks of Ramdung Go 5925m, Chukyima go 6259m and Yalung Ri 5630m. At Na Goan an acclimatizing day which you can use for local exploration of the local village and surrounding area. After crossing the river you will pass by a few places from local cattle herders. Then a climb upon moraines towards Tsho Rolpa lake. The reward of the moraine walk is a beautiful campsite along the shore with views of the surrounding Himalaya peaks. From Tsho Rolpa you will climb upon the hard rocky Drolambu glacier. Along this trail you have the danger of rock falls. On the Drolambu Glacier you will camp on a flat part of the glacier in total remote wilderness. From the glacier the longest and toughest day of the trek starts early in the morning. The climbing Sherpa will fix ropes for you and the porter crew. The climb is not extremely technical or severely difficult, but the ropes are a precaution for your safety. You will slowly to the Tashi Labsta pass with crampons and an ice axe. After approximately 4 hours you will reach the pass. Off course the high Tashi Labsta pass is marked with Buddhist prayer flags. The panoramic views are stunning. From the pass you look into the Khumbu region, and downhill you can see a path leading into the valley towards the teahouse of Thyango Kharka. From Thyangbo Kharka it is a long descend down on a easy trail to Thame. In Thame you will notice you are accompanied by more tourist in the Everest region. In Namche Bazaar it is, compared to the past weeks, hectic and busy. But also nice to take a rest and relax in this Sherpa capital. In Lukla your adventurous Tashi Labsta pass trek ends and you will fly back to Kathmandu.
Included in the Cost (Received)
- ® All Airport Arrival and Departure Transfer.
- ® Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu .
- ® Best Suited Local Teahouse Accommodation during trekking.
- ® A Experience Leader Guide(English speaking, First Aid and eco trained) , sherpa Porter(one porter for two trekkers) and Assistant as per group size .
- ® Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch with seasonal fruits and cups of tea.
- ® All Expense of Nepalese Crew Members including salary, insurance, food, accommodation, equipments and transfers.
- ® Roundtrip transportation and Domestic Flight with airport taxes
- ® All necessary National Park Permit and Paperworks
- ® All necessary trekking transfers in private vehicle
- ® Seasonal Sleeping Bag and Down Jacket (return after use)
- ® Our Duffel Bag, Trip Map and Adventure Certificate
- ® Farewell Nepalese Cultural Dinner
- ® Comprehensive First Aid Medical Kit
- ® All applicable fees, local and government taxes.
- ® Trekking route map (As a souvenir)
- ® Adventure certificate (after completion the trek)
- ® First Aid service (Basic)
- ® Oximeter - To determine your oxygen level
Not Included In the Cost (Canceled)
- © Nepal Visa Fee (USD30 for 15 days and USD50 for 30 days in Cash) and International Airfare
- © Meals in Kathmandu Valley.
- © Personal Trekking Gears and Equipments
- © Trekking Expenses like Drinking Water, Soft & Hard Drinks, Juice, Phone Calls, Internet Use, Battery Charging, Laundry, Hot Shower, Donation.
- © Extra porter if you required (it cost USD25 per day)
- © Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (aprox USD26 per person
- © Any Kinds of Health or Travel Insurance (It is mandatory to reduce the possible expense in case of emergency evacuation)
- © Cost arises due to obstruction and delays in the program itinerary due to weather problems,
- © Any Kinds of Tipping to Crew Members (Expected)
- © Any other expenses or activities " Besides Service Provided.”
Trip Cost ( All price are on group join basis Contact Us for private trip or customize Trip). (Also check How To Pay & Booking FAQS.)
|1 People (per pax)
||2-7 People (per pax)
||8+ People (per pax)
|Pay 20 % Now & Rest on arrival
||Pay 20 % Now & Rest on arrival
Pay 20% Now & Rest on arrival
Click V for video