Facts in General
- India's southern, eastern, and western borders.
- Tibet Autonomous Region, China's northern border
- 1,47,516 square kilometers (56,956.246 square miles)
- Trapezoidal in shape (roughly 200km width and 800km length)
- Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal (largest city also)
- Federal Democratic Republic is the country's political system.
- Nepali is the official language of Nepal.
- Lopophorous is the national bird of the United States (Danfe)
- Cow is the national animal of the United States.
- Between China and India, in South Asia, is the Indian Subcontinent.
- 29 million people (approximately)
- GMT + 05:45
- Nepali Rupees are the national currency of Nepal.
Diverse Geography of Nepal
- There are 3808 glaciers and 1466 glacial lakes (identified), with 21 potentially dangerous lakes.
- At the summit of Everest, the height ranges from 59 meters to 8848 meters.
- In a distance of 150 kilometers, weather and climate variability ranges from southern hot temperate to north arctic cold.
- In terms of climate change vulnerability, it is ranked fourth.
Assorted Bio-Diversity of Nepal
- Conservation Areas, National Parks, and Wildlife Reserves cover more than 19% of Nepal's total land area.
- Nepal is ranked tenth in Asia for flowering plant diversity.
- There are 1,120 non-flowering plant species and 5,160 flowering plant species.
- There are 11 bioclimatic zones, 9 terrestrial eco-regions, and 36 different types of vegetation.
- There are 844 bird species in the world, accounting for 8% of the total.
- There are 181 mammal species, 100 reptile species, 43 amphibian species, 185 freshwater fish species, and 635 butterfly species.
- Orchids are found in over 494 species, accounting for 2% of the world's total.
- There are around 700 different therapeutic plant species.
- 6 percent of the world's rhododendron species
- Out of the entire number of flowering plants, more than 250 are endemic. 5980 One of the Largest Settlements.
- One of the Largest Royal Bengal Tiger Shelters
- Skhula Phanta Wildlife Reserve has the largest herd of Swamp Deer in the world
- accounting for 36% of the world's Meconopsis species "Poppy.
Local People and Culture
- .There are 125 castes/ethnic groups that speak 123 different languages.
- Virginity or Living Goddess "Kumari" from the Newar Community.
- 80% are Hindus, 12% are Buddhists, and the rest are others.
- "Namaste" or "Namaskar" is a greeting and meeting phrase.
Proud of Nepal and Nepalese
- NO INDEPENDENCE DAY (never colonized by any other Nation)
- Gurkhas' Legecy - the World's Bravest People
- Lord Buddha's birthplace - Asia's Light
- Religious concord between various religious communities is important.
- 4 Sites designated as UNESCO World Heritage
- Valley of Kathmandu (7 monuments 20km radius i.e. Pashupatinath Temple, Changunaryan Temple Boudhanath Stupa, Swayanbunath Stupa, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square)
- Chitwan National Park
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Chitwan National Park
Himalayas of Nepal
- "Himalaya" means "abode of snow" in Sanskrit.
- More than 1310 summits rise above 6000m and 7000m, accounting for 8 of the world's 14 8000m peaks.
- Mount Everest (8848m) — The highest point on the planet
- Mount Kanchenjunga (8586m)
- Mount Lhotse (Third) (8516m)
- Mount Makalu (8463m)
- Mount Cho Oyu (8201m)
- Mount Dhaulagiri (Sixth) (8167m)
- Mount Manaslu (seventh) (8163m)
- Mount Annapurna I (8091m) —The eighth highest peak in the world (Tenth in Nepal)
Only to be found in Nepal
- Trafina Nepalisinera – Mushroom
- Spiny Bablar – Bird
- Only Nonrectangular Flag in the World
- Highest Settlements and Villages
- Dal Bhat Power 24 hours (Dal Bhat is a daily staple of Nepalese people that consists of rice, lentil soup, curry/vegetables, and pickles)