- Border to South and Eastand West : India
- Border to North: Tibet Autonomous Region, China
- Total Area: 39,394 sq.km (14,824 sq. miles)
- Capital: Thimpu (largest city)
- Political System: Democratic constitutaional monarchy
- Official Language: Dzonghka
- National Bird: Raven
- National Animal: Takin
- Location: South Asia Indian Subcontinent between China and Bangladesh
- Approx Population: 741,700
- Time Zone: 6hrs ahead than GMT
- Currency : Ngultrum
Diverse Geography of Bhutan
- Bhutanese territory contains some 677 glaciers and 2,674 glacial lakes and subsidiary lakes, out of which 25 pose a risk.
- Within the 150 miles between the southern and northern borders, Bhutan's elevation rises from 150m to 7,570m / 2480 ft. - Gangkher Puensum.
- Weather and Climate Diversity from southern hot temperate to north arctic cold in span of 150 miles
- Ranked 4th in Vulnerable Country in terms of Climate Change
Assorted Bio-Diversity of Bhutan
- About 12 of the land area under forest cover, to designate more than a quarter of its territory as national parks, reserves and other protected areas, and most recently to identify a further 9 percent of land area as biodiversity corridors linking the protected areas.
- More than 5,400 species of plants are found in Bhutan,
- Bhutan is divided into 20 districts, and further into 205 village blocks. Valleys are in turn divided into numerous municipalities for administration.
- More than 770 species of birds.
- more than 165 species of mammals are known to exist, 22 species of reptile, 40 species of amphibian, 41 species of freshwater fish and 670 species of butterfly
- More than 423 species of Orchid
- More than 300 species of medicinal plants.
- 46 species of rhododendron
- More than 212 species of Endemic Flowering Plants out of total 5400
- Good achivement in carbon neutraling
Local People and Culture
- 77.4 percent of Buddhist and 22.6 percent of Hinduism
- Mainly 4 ethinic group and 19 different langugaes are spoken.
Dzong of bhutan
There are mainly 14 popular dzongs in Bhutan
- Trongsa Dzong
- Lhuntse Dzong
- Jakar Dzong
- Paro Dzong
- Punakha Dzong
- Dukgyl Dzong
- Gas Dzong
- Linghi yugal Dzong
- Rinpung Dzong
- Simtokha Dzong
- Taschicho Dzong
- Trasigang Dzong
- Trongsa Dzong
- Wache Dzong
Proud of Bhutan and Bhutanese
- Known as Happiest People on earth
- Only one Carbon Negative country in world.
- First country to recognize Ludlow butterfly ( glory of Bhutan)
- Isolted from the world until the 1970.
- Bhutan says no to plastic .
- Happiness is tangible ,
- The youngest democracies in the world.
- People wear national dress during working hours.
- It has very low crime rates,
- The phallus is worshiped.
Himalayas of Bhutan
- One of the most rugged mountain terrains in the world, whose elevations range from 160 metres (520 ft) to more than 7,000 metres (23,000 ft) above sea level, in some cases within distances of less than 100 kilometres (62 mi) of each other.
- 19 peaks exceeding 6000m and 7000m
- Mountains in Bhutan
- Mount Gangkher Puensum (7570m) — Bhutan's Highest Peak
- Mount kaulakangri (8463m
- Mount Jomalhari (7326m)
- Mount Tongshanjiubu (7207)
- Kangphu kang(7205m)
- Jitchu Drake(6714m)
Nowhere in the World (You can find this Only in Bhutan)
- Happiness is tangible,
- Only one carbon negative country,
- Bhutan has no traffick light,
- smoking is officially banned in Bhutan.
- Bhutan oficiaaly dont kills or butchered any animal.